Nikes New Self-Hinging Shoes

The easy wear we needed.

These new Nike shoes make it easy for the wearer to put them on and take off while remaining comfortable.

Photo Courtesy of Nike.com

Nicholas Khoury, Staff Writer

Earlier this month, the goliath apparel brand, Nike, announced a new shoe, called the Nike Go FlyEase.

The shoe’s main eye-catcher is the new, self-hinging technology by Nike. It allows the wearer to put their shoes on in a matter of seconds.

Quicker than slip-ons, and without the laces. The shoe was originally thought of after Nike CEO Mark Parker received a letter from Matthew Walzer.

A teenager at the time with Cerebral Palsy. Walzer needed a shoe that was easy to slip on and did not have laces. Similar shoes were already being developed and released.

From then on, however, Nike set itself on creating the shoe for not only Walzer but others with physical disabilities. The shoe could be a breakthrough for making regular things easier for people with disabilities to do.

Both Evan McManaman and Robert Moraga had things to say. McManaman, a freshman, said that “The shoes are a really cool idea for people with disabilities, and even those who are always in a hurry to get out of the house. There have been countless times where I have found myself in a hurry to go to school, and wishing shoes like these existed.”

Moraga, a freshman, also said that “These shoes would be really cool to have because I am always leaving the house in a rush, and almost never have the time to tie my shoes without losing some time. I would definitely want a pair.”

It seems that the shoes have not only gained interest from physically challenged people, but also those who are always in a hurry, or even those who just want to look good. These shoes are a great idea.

They are faster than shoes with laces and traditional slip-ons. The shoes will definitely be a top seller for years to come.