Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition by Dua Lipa

No New Rules with this one, Dua Lipa did it again.

Photo Courtesy of TheCrimson.com

Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition by Dua Lipa Album Cover.

Chris Apablaza, Staff Writer

Albums are defined as “a collection of recordings issued as a single item on CD, record, or another medium”.

Twenty thousands are roughly released each and every day, but one of the newest albums that has hit the world is british singer Dua Lipa’s newest album, Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition .

It contains a nostalgic feeling and has songs which are categorized under pop and disco, with some influences of dance pop and electronic. 

Dua Lipa has released previous versions of Future Nostalgia, such as the original with only eleven songs, and Club Future Nostalgia, which was a collaboration between Dua Lipa and The Blessed Madonna. Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition, though is different from the rest.

It has the original songs but as well new songs of the english singer such as Prisoner, Fever, We’re Good, If It Ain’t Me, That Kind Of Woman, Not My Problem, and Un Día

Many people have had positive reviews for the new album and loved the songs such as the most popular We’re Good. Dua Lipa has created many songs that people have loved, and that became a hit, such as New Rules, Electricity, and One Kiss, so it does not come as a surprise when people love her music.

Dua Lipa has proven time after time that she could be considered one of the best English, European pop-artists of this generation. 

Although people around the world have left positive reviews on the album, what do students at Alta Loma think of the new album?

Andrew Flores, Junior, and Paris Tuma, Sophomore, have heard of Dua Lipa and her music before.

“I have listened to New Rules before, but I had never listened to a full album of hers before Future Nostalgia”, Stated Andrew. Paris responded, “I’ve heard of Dua Lipa before, and I’ve heard some of her songs on the radio”.

Mainly Don’t Start Now. Up until recently I haven’t been paying any mind to her until some of her songs popped up on my Spotify and I ended up liking them.

Both students agreed that Dua Lipa’s music is the somewhat of the music they listen too. 

“Somewhat. I’m not too sure, I listen to a ton of music. Sometimes I don’t feel like listening to her music, and there’s other times where I end up just listening to her out of nowhere” said Paris.

Both students gave the brit singers music a score of seven or eight out of ten. Paris stated “I’d say a 7. I don’t usually listen to her music often but when it does come on I usually enjoy it”.

Andrew stated, “I would say she’s an 8. It is not my favorite album and the songs aren’t the best thing I’ve ever listened to, but I enjoy listening to her songs”.

Andrew gave the new album Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition a rating of six out of ten.

“I would give it a six. A little generic in my opinion and there are some songs that don’t resonate with me but I like most of it” stated Andrew.

For his favorite song he stated “I like Physical because of its upbeat disco dance style. Future Nostalgia is also really nice lyric wise”.

Paris stated “My favorite song in the album would have to be Don’t Start Now. It has this feeling which really makes you dance, and I loved the music video for the song. 

I would say If It Ain’t Me is also a good song and a close first to being my favorite song”. For the worst song of the album, they each had one and their reasoning. “I would say that my least favorite of the album has to be Cool. Something about it just feels off in the album. I feel like it is a little too slow for a disco album and doesn’t sound like the other songs” Stated Paris.

For Andrew’s least favorite song it was Boys Will Be Boys.

“Personally I didn’t like Boys Will Be Boys. It’s not a hot take or a unique message, as a “feminist anthem”, it wasn’t anyhting special”. Although the album didn’t hit with them, the students still agree that they will listen to Dua Lipa again.

Andrew stated, “Yes, I think she has lots of potential and once she finds her voice I think she’ll be up there with the stars”.

“I would listen to Dua Lipa again, but in all honesty it depends on the song” Said Paris.

The students gave their honest opinion on the album, and although it is not the same as the hundred of other reviews on the album, the students still said the way they felt about the album.

Dua Lipa is a newcomer into the “pop-star” world as her first hit was back in 2018 with One Kiss. Since then she has had many other hit songs which became very popular and helped her gain more fans. Time will decide when Dua Lipa’s time of being a mega-star shall come.

Dua Lipa for now will keep on rocking and will continue with her amazing and successful career, and with the help of her followers and supporters along the way she will win many achievements and awards.