Do You Care About Your Skin?

Shelby Summerhays, Staff Writer

There can be multiple steps to create the perfect skincare routine.

Over the past year, TikTok has become a place for those looking for ways to make their lives a little easier. 

These simple tips and tricks have been found from breakfast recipes to clothing hacks but the latest trend has been skincare routines. 

All people from social media influencers to dermatologists have made Tik Tok showcasing their daily skincare routine, sometimes morning or sometimes night.  

These routines have proven to be extremely effective for viewers struggling with their skin and may be experiencing issues like cystic acne or eczema. 

A routine can be found for almost everyone’s skin, whether they may have oily and combination skin, dry and sensitive skin, normal skin, or acne-prone skin.

Freshman Emma Olvera said, “I love watching these kinds of videos on Tik Tok to educate myself on what products are good for me to use.” 

The most basic routines include a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. 

Other routines will incorporate products like eye creams, hyaluronic acid serums, vitamin C serums, retinol serums, facial oils, sunscreen, and face masks.  

Elizabeth Wolfe said, “These Tik Toks are really fun to watch and it’s cool to see what everyone uses.”

Some of the most viral skincare products have been the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2%+B5 serum, and Paula’s Choice’s Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. 

Most of the time these routines are filmed in the Tik Toker’s bathroom or TikTokers take their viewers along with them as they shop for their holy grail products in stores like Target, Walmart, or CVS.