Distance vs. Hybrid Learning

This students is all set for their zoom calls.

Sofia Estrella , Staff Writer

Some students at our school have chosen to go hybrid for the remainder of the school year. As the lock-down progresses, places are opening back up more including most schools in certain districts.

Some students and staff chose to come back and enjoy face to face contact while following guidelines, and some students and staff chose to stay home and safe. 

This has been a stressful time for students and teachers learning and teaching completely online. One of the hardest parts about online learning, according to many students, is keeping up with assignments and making sure they understand that course.

Hybrid allows students to find some more help in in- person teaching. 

“I chose to stay home because I am so used to my routine everyday and just didn’t want the stress of restarting. I also wanted to stay home for my family’s safety. I would rather have a fresh start for Sophomore year,” says freshman, Jessica Gavilanes.

Schools may be opening up and the county is coming down a tier, but people can still be affected by it. So Alta Loma, like many schools, is still following the guidelines to ensure safety. Students walk in through the East gate and instantly check their temperatures, classes are limited to students to keep a healthy distance.

Sanitization stations are stocked throughout the school and desks are wiped down after each student has used them. Also, just like in almost all public places, students are mandated to wear masks the whole school day. 

“I chose to go back to school cause I missed the school environment. I don’t like wearing masks all the time and our lunch period is for a short period of time but overall I like being back in school full time,”  says Miranda Futrell, freshman. 

Students who have been hybrid are now apparently allowed to come back full time instead of just two days a week. The school year is almost at an end with just a few short weeks ahead, a lot of students as well as teachers and staff are looking forward to summer and a long, and much needed break.

Come August, all students will be coming back to Alta Loma for in person school , given the pandemic doesn’t hit with another wave of cases, Alta Loma will be happy to have their Braves back.