Class of 2021 Senior Week

Photo Courtesy of Principal Kaylor's Twitter

The Alta Loma 2021 Prom Princess Court at the final day of Senior Week for the Prom Rally.

Makenzie Guillen, Editor

Senior Week is a week filled with events for seniors at our school, and it took place May 3rd through May 8th. Monday, May 3rd was the senior awards ceremony.

Seniors who were receiving awards were emailed an invitation prior to the event. Then, from 12:30-3:30, students would drive through the west parking lot, exit their car, have their name read, receive their awards, and then take a photo with Mr. Kaylor.

Some awards given include: Principal’s Honor Roll, Six Semester Honor Roll, Cum Laude Society, and Visual and Performing Arts. Students also received the corresponding regalia for awards such as the Cum Laude Society. The next event took place Wednesday, May 5th in the East Parking Lot.

Students and parents drove through to pick up their graduation caps and gowns, as well as graduation announcements if they purchased them. Not to mention, students also had the opportunity to turn in their textbooks early, if they weren’t needed for finals.

On Friday, May 7th, there was the senior prom rally. All of the prom court members made their way around the track riding in convertible cars, waving at their peers.

Leo was crowned prom king, and Taylor Yi was crowned prom queen. On the last day of Senior Week, Saturday, May 8th, students had the chance to attend prom.

“I went to prom with all of my friends. We went to the Arboretum in Arcadia to take pictures, and then had dinner after that. I enjoyed prom because it was the first time in a long time that we were able to be around people and have fun since lock-down,” says Grace Shriver, senior.

With Graduation around the corner, it was nice to have a week dedicated to seniors, given the circumstances. Overall, Senior Week seemed to be a huge success.