Alternative Grunge is Most Recent Fashion Trend

Raven Landa, Staff Writer

Want to know more about why students here at Alta Loma are being more comfortable with the way they dress? During the pandemic, A lot of people changed the way they dress which is not a bad thing. A lot of students here at Alta Loma now feel comfortable and more confident in the way they dress. 

Leila Lauciello is a junior here and they are one of the many students who express themselves through the way they dress. She started to dress alternative/grunge right before sophomore year started. 

¨I want to inspire others to be themselves and not let social standards define them.¨ stated by Leila Lauciello. 

Two of her biggest inspirations for the way she dresses are Gwen Stefani and Amy Winehouse. The reason why Gwen Stefani is one of her big inspirations is because one of her good friends introduced her to Gwen Stefani by one of her good friends and she fell in love with her and her music. Amy Winehouse is another one of their biggest inspirations because their mom got them into Amy Winehouse, they later on fell in love with her music and style since it was so unique and beautiful. 

She also finds inspiration from different social media influencers. They feel a lot more comfortable with the way they dress now. They also feel a lot more confident and happy. 

Another student here who feels a lot more confident in the way they dress is Robert Morales who is a junior. He started to dress alternative/grunge at the end of 2020. 

¨My style is inspired by the lifestyle I live.¨ stated by Robert Morales. 

Some of his inspirations for the way he dresses are Brentman Rock, Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks and Lady Gaga. Some of their reasons why they are inspired by them is because they all break the beauty standards and gender stereotypes. They also preach about loving your body and to be confident.