The Released Trailer of Marvels Newest Movie, The Eternals

Luke Winters, Staff Writer

On November 5th, a new movie will be added to the many in the Marvel Cinematic Universe; the Eternals. This decision was unique on Marvel’s part, as this is only a month after the last movie, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, was released. Similarly to Shang-Chi, the Eternals will not be available on Disney+ on the same day that it is released in theaters.

This new movie will introduce a new group of powerful beings called, you guessed it, the Eternals. In the movie trailer, it was revealed that the Eternals are an alien race that have been secretly living on Earth for thousands of years. The events of Avengers: Endgame, in which the other half of the population that was removed from existence by Thanos were safely returned to life, triggered an event called “the emergence”. Not much information was revealed about the emergence in the trailer, other than that it caused the awakening of the evil counterparts to the Eternals, the Deviants.
“I’m excited for the new movie because all of the other new Marvel movies have been foreshadowing things that are going to happen in the new Spider-Man movie and I want to see if the Eternals will do the same,” said Joey Quiroz, freshman.

In the trailer, the question is brought up as to why the Eternals did not help the Avengers in their fight against Thanos. Despite the response that the Eternals were instructed to only deal with threats related to the Deviants, many fans speculate that there are other reasons. Fan theories that attempt to explain this range from the Eternals having already fought Thanos, and lost, to the Eternals simply being removed from existence when Thanos snapped his fingers.