Alta Loma High School Dresses up for Halloween

Photo taken by Chloe Liles

Photo taken by Chloe Liles

Chloe Liles, Staff Writer

On October 29th, at Alta Loma High School, everyone dressed up in their Halloween costumes for school and celebrated the holiday. Several people planned months ahead for their costumes and are excited to display them to their friends.

During Covid-19, most holidays weren’t properly celebrated since people weren’t allowed to come in close contact with others. Halloween was one of the holidays most affected by the Covid restriction since it requires kids to be in close contact with others and touch things that others have touched. Almost no one dressed up in costumes when there was no reason to since there could be no Halloween parties or trick-or-treating.

“I think a lot of people missed Halloween, so everyone is excited [this year] to be out again, talking to friends, doing group costumes, and things like that,” stated Morsal Maroofi, grade 11. Now that the Covid cases are no longer on the rise, many people are excited for the holidays. Halloween is one of the first holidays to be celebrated since quarantine, so many people want to go all-out during this Halloween season. People are ecstatic to return to their old lives before Covid-19 and Halloween is the perfect event to get some semblance of normalcy in their lives. Several people have carefully thought out their costumes and are excited to finally show them off this Friday.

“I found some ideas from Pintrest for group Halloween costumes, and I found Strawberry Shortcake, which I thought was a really good idea and I got a couple of friends on board,” said Nour Dandouch, grade 11. Many people have come up with creative costume ideas and are excited to show their inventiveness to their friends. A lot of students are also planning on dressing up together in groups and hanging out after school. This Halloween will surely be one of the most exciting holidays this year because of everyone’s elation that they’ll be able to properly celebrate the holiday again.