Highschool Students can Earn College Credit

Courtesy of Brave Connection

Courtesy of Brave Connection

Fiona Vo, Staff Writer

Chaffey College Dual Enrollment is a program where students are able to attend college courses as high school students. The courses earn you the A-G requirement as well as college credit that are transferable to CSU/UC universities.

“I’m able to get ahead for my future. The classes are not too hard and are definitely manageable. You get to take cool classes and get to study what you want. Be wise with your time and take advantage of your resources. If you’re not sure what you want to do in your future or what class to take, I’d recommend taking a guidance class. That was the first class I took, and it allowed me to understand the process of reaching my future goals,” said Bianca Negrete, senior.

Courses are online due to COVID, but now are open to in-person on Chaffey College campus. Fall classes are currently in session, however, you can apply for spring classes starting today. Spring classes begin on January 31, 2022.

“It’s been a great challenge and I like having the opportunity to take college-level classes. It can be a bit time-consuming, especially when you have a full-time schedule, but if you look at the class as something you’re really interested in, it won’t feel like a burden! Don’t take random classes, really look into what you want to do in the future, and then look at the prerequisite needed to apply for your major. Not only would you be shaving down on some classes in the future, but you’ll be saving yourself money that you can spend on other necessities for college,” said Alyssa Morana, senior.

All textbooks and fees are waived if you choose high school partnership classes shown on the flyer.