The Best Part of the Winter Season are the Starbucks Holiday Drinks

Courtesy of Starbucks

Shelby Summerhays, Style and Trends Editor

On November 3, 2021 the coffee-chain, beloved by many coffee-addicts all over the world, Starbucks announced that on the following day, November 4th the Christmas drinks and treats would be available.  A few fan-favorite holiday drinks such as the Peppermint Mocha, Caramel Brulee Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, and the Irish Cream Cold Brew made a return this year.  

“I always get excited when Starbucks brings back their Christmas drinks.  My favorite drink is the Peppermint Mocha,” stated Alyssa Neave, Sophomore.

Starbucks newest seasonal beverage is the Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte, available hot or iced.  This new drink is vegan friendly and consists of sugar-cookie flavored syrup, Blond Espresso,and almond milk with red and green cookie sprinkles on top.  Starbucks also added  Christmas bakery items including the new Reindeer Cake Pop and the Snowman Cookie, along with the Cranberry Bliss Bar, and Sugar Plum Cheese Danish.  

“I love trying each new drink or bakery item every year,” stated Emily Leach, Sophomore.

Although most of these items have been served in the past, some drinks that were available last year such as the Gingerbread Latte, or Eggnog Latte will not be on the menu this season.  Not only are there newly added drinks and treats, but in the next few days Starbucks will reveal their new holiday cup designs.  

Customers can purchase these items in-person, at the drive-through, or order ahead using the Starbucks app.  Some of these drinks are even sold in a K-Cup version at local grocery stores for people to enjoy at home.