Key Club Fall Rally was a Success!

Photo by Mina Nguyen (Key Club President/Division Head Spirit Coordinator)

Staff Writer, Staff Writer

Key Club is a student-led high school organization that provides opportunities for service, leadership, and social events. Their motto is caring-our way of life where we don’t make keys, we open doors. They had their Fall Rally on November 13, 2021. 

“Fall Rally went AMAZING. My spirit coordinator position is completely centered around Fall Rally where I create all chants that will be used as well as leading them in the stands. I lost my voice so quickly while trying to hype everyone up in the stands but this is one of the best experiences I’ve had in high school. Not only do I get to do something I love, I get to meet and make many new friends, and spend a day at Six Flags,” Mina Nguyen, junior, president of Key Club.

Fall Rally is an annual gathering with thousands of Key Club members in SoCal celebrating the accomplishments made during their last term and charities raised such as Pediatric Trauma Program, UNICEF, and service hours. Members learn chants for spirit sessions and battles with other divisions to win the spirit stick.

“I think it was a huge success with a few ups and downs. If I had to point out a few setbacks, it would be the long lines and heat, other than that, it was an incredible experience. It was amazing to see many people spirited. The highlight of the day was the main spirit battle in the Golden Bear Theatre. Yelling my heart out and being together with my closest friends was something I’ll never forget. At the end of the day, my legs were so broken, but it was so worth it,” Eric Nguyen, junior, secretary of Key Club.

Key Club strongly encourages anyone willing to join to participate in the Fall Rally. It is the highlight of Key Club.