Joe Gatto is Leaving Impractical Jokers

Getty Images

NEW YORK, NEW YORK – FEBRUARY 20: Joe Gatto attends “Impractical Jokers: The Movie” A Conversation With The Tenderloins at 92nd Street Y on February 20, 2020 in New York City. (Photo by Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)

Joel Woodcook, Staff Writer

Joe Gatto recently left the show Impractical Jokers, as he revealed on his instagram account. This decision was dictated by pressing matters in his personal life.

Impractical Jokers is a television show that has aired for ten years. It is cohosted by four lifelong friends who attempt embarrass each other. After put a great deal of time and effort into the show, Gatto will no longer be a part of it.

“I enjoy watching them joke around, and will be saddened by Joe’s departure,” stated Leonardo Rivera, a student attending Alta Loma High School.

After a recent divorce, Gatto wanted to put more effort into focusing on parenting. He desired  to spend more time with his children as they deal with this change in their lives.

Still, the show will continue on without him. His coworkers will no doubt miss him, and the show will definitely be changed. Gatto expressed his confidence in the other Jokers and their tireless crew, knowing that they would still do well without him.

“This show is only possible due to the hard work of the talented crew members who work behind the scenes. I am very thankful to have worked with each and every one of them,” stated Gatto as he announced his departure from the show.

Viewers of the show are no doubt saddened by this turn of events. It is still understandable, however, and his choice has been taken positively. Gatto was nonetheless sad to be leaving, and was grateful to have had the chance to make so many people laugh.