Adele Cancels, Weekends With Adele, One Day Before Opening Night

Courtesy of People Magazine

Shelby Summerhays, Style and Trends Editor

One day before Adele was about to begin her highly anticipated Las Vegas residency, surprising fans all over the world Adele announced that she had decided to postpone her upcoming show called, Weekends With Adele.  

The British singer posted a video on January 20th on her Instagram account, declaring to her millions of fans she decided to delay the show due to it not being fully prepared.  In her video, Adele shared, ¨ We’ve tried absolutely everything we can to put it together in time and for it to be good enough for you, but we´ve been absolutely destroyed by delivery delays and COVID.  Half my crew and team are [ill] with COVID and still, are and it’s been impossible to finish the show.’¨  

¨I feel really bad for everyone that bought tickets to go to the show and can no longer go,¨ stated Emily Leach, Sophomore.

According to People Magazine, an inside source said, ¨ [Adele] hates to disappoint [fans]. ‘ ” However, there has been much speculation regarding Adele being extremely unpleasant with the production and it did not meet the vision in her mind.  At the moment, the new dates for the show have not been announced.  

¨I think it is sad the show was canceled, but do believe it is for the best,¨ stated Chris Apablaza, Sophomore.

Adele also shared in her video, ¨ ´I´m gutted.  I’m sorry it’s so last minute, we´ve been awake for over 30 hours trying to figure it out and we´ve run out of time.  I’m so upset and I’m really embarrassed and so sorry to everyone that traveled to get [to the show].  I´m really, really sorry.’ ¨

Although, in her video Adele did assure her fans that she would, ¨Get the [show] where itś supposed to be.¨  Allegedly,  this decision will cost Cesearś Palace, the location of the show, an estimated $150 if she does not ever end up performing.