Amazon Primes Newest Show, Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Courtesy of the Timeout

Courtesy of the Timeout

Joel Woodcook, Staff Writer

For over four years, Amazon has been working on a new television series regarding the Lord of the Rings. As we get closer to its release on September 2 of this year, more information about the show is being revealed.

On January 19, the title for this show was officially announced as “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.” This means that the show will be taking place in the second age of Middle Earth, providing content on the lesser-known history of J.R.R. Tolkien’s works.

“I’ve been counting down the days for the release of the show,” stated Leonardo Rivera, Freshmen.

The show has much potential to live up to its predecessors, being the works of Peter Jackson. Indeed, the budget for the first season alone adds up to 465 million dollars. The is especially large, as there will be five seasons of the show, making a budget of well over a billion. There are still doubts, however, about the quality of the show.

Having a large budget does not guarantee that the show will be any good. Some worry that the sole purpose of the show is to make a large profit, with little passion for the Lord of the Rings or the production itself. If it is done well, however, then it will no doubt be extremely successful.

“I am really excited for the show to come out so I can watch it,” stated Rivera.