College Apps are now open and ready

Seniors! Let’s get this done strong!

Photo Courtesy of teenlife.com

Seniors let’s start applying now and meet the deadlines beforehand.

Devin Gross, Staff Writer

It’s that time of the year again. Halloween is upon us, Christmas is just around the corner, and the new year seems like it’s next week.

However with all these festivities in such a short timespan, it’s often easy to forget that it is also time for one of the most important times of our lives: college applications.

“College applications are the first steps to the rest of our lives” said Tyler Andreson.

For a lot of seniors, college is their best chance to get started with their adulthood, and applications are the first step to that future.

Students that already know which college they’re going to can, with the help of their counselor, just submit their applications to the college directly, but for some the question of which college they will attend is still up in the air.

Don’t worry, your counselor is always happy to guide you through the process of choosing which school is best for you. When asked about any advice they had, senior Taylor Yi said “ Don’t wait until November, you should start submitting right away. A lot of deadlines are November through January, and you need to take into consideration letters of recommendation and things like that.”

The virtual college fair is being held soon, which is a great opportunity for students to get to know multiple schools that they may be interested in. To register, be sure to check the email counselors have sent to every senior, and sign up. These meetings will give you information on the school, the requirements, the courses, and if all works out, the application process.

Whether it’s writing an entrance essay, answering topic questions, or just flexing the grades you’ve worked so hard for, best of luck to all you hopeful seniors, and you’ll knock it out of the park. And for the non-college bound, happy Halloween!

Enjoy these weeks where you don’t have to stress, because they are often few and far between.