The 2020 Elections Aftermath

Guess who made it to the final.

Photo Courtesy of The Boston Globe

The candidates of the 2020 Presidential Election, Joe Biden & Donald Trump. Meet our new President though: Joe Biden!

Nicholas Khoury, Staff Writer

The 2020 U.S. presidential and congressional elections took place earlier this month on November 3, 2020.

Joe Biden and his running-mate Kamala Harris became the president-elect and vice president-elect, respectively. They beat incumbent president and vice president Donald Trump and Mike Pence.

Biden and Harris will be sworn in on January 20, 2021, so until then, they do not have the full power of president and VP President. Trump has called for recounts and sued the state of Wisconsin, claiming that voter fraud took place.

50 of the 53 House seats up for grabs in California have been called. However, there was no race for governor or Senate in California.

The voter turnout across the country set a new record for both candidates, with an approximate 151 million people voting. Joe Biden has over 78 million of those votes compared to Trump’s 73 million. President Trump has yet to concede the race.

The elections this year have been a touchy and messy subject for nearly every citizen in the United States.

Dylan Hunter, a freshman, had this to say about it: “While I’m glad that this presidential election is over, it’s pretty cool that I will be able to vote in the 2024 presidential election.”

Another freshman, Brayden Berry, quoted the election as, “A messy process that we all wanted to end.” These two students held mindsets that were widely possessed by our age group.

Nevertheless, I think that most people are glad that this election is coming close to an end. It should be over not too long from now.

Until then, we just have to hold up until things go back to normal.