Running Up Appreciating our P.E. Teachers

Keeping us healthy and active this whole way!

Photo Courtesy of Principal Kaylor's Twitter

Mr. & Mrs. Kettle, Mr. Kettle being one of our most popular P.E. teachers out for our school.

Valerie Diaz-Ruiz, Editor

As physical education is just as important as academics, P.E teachers should be regarded just as much as your academic teachers. They teach you that health and physical exercise are important things to maintain in adulthood just the same as in your youth.

It’s about time that they started receiving adequate appreciation for their time.

Now more than ever we should look to appreciate our teachers who work every day to overcome the obstacles we have had to face due to the Covid pandemic and unique circumstances schooling has had to take. P.E teachers more than any other have been working hard to keep their student’s physical health intact through the screen.

Especially since students have been mostly watching screens this last school year, getting up and getting active is now more important than ever!

Junior Milani Quintero said “we usually would write out our exercise, then do 15 squats, 20 side lunges, 15 forward lunges, 10 pushups, 20 sit-ups, and 20 mountain climbers 4 times, then lastly finish it off with a minute plank” and everything was done over zoom!

When asked about the challenges of this unique teaching experience Mr. Kettle says “It’s a challenge to keep the students motivated, and many students feel embarrassed exercising on camera, which is odd to me because they used to exercise in front of each other every day. Nonetheless, I try my hardest to understanding and adaptable to any situations the students come across.”

He also says “ We’re all dealing with this pandemic the best way we can and something we should all remember is to make the best of the cards we’ve been given.”

Health is something we should all prioritize in our daily life, especially in these uncertain times where everyone’s health is at risk.

The experience of teaching physical education over zoom must be an aggravating task, so it’s good luck for Alta Loma that we have teachers like Mr. Kettle who face these obstacles with a smile and perseverance.

Maybe it would have just been easier to cancel the course altogether!