2021 President Inauguration: Joe Biden

Photo Courtesy of buisnessinsider.com

The United States 46th President: Joe Biden & Vice President: Kamala Harris.

Chris Apablaza, Staff Writer

Each year after the election comes the inauguration of the president of the United States.

It is a famous ceremony to mark the commencement of a new four-year term of the president and vice-president of the United States.

This year on Wednesday, January 20th marks the day of our new president and vice-president elect, Joe Biden’s and Kamala Harris’s inauguration day. 

The inauguration will premiere live on TV from 8:30-10:00 p.m. ET. It will also have performances by Bruce Springteen, Demi Lovato, Lady Gaga, and Jennifer Lopez.

Although inauguration day is filled with crowds this year it will be very cautionary and people will be able to enjoy the celebration from home. 

Even after the recent events that took place at the Capitol, Biden’s inauguration will still take place at the Capitol. This inauguration day is very special for the United States as it marks the first time a woman will be in office as Vice-President!

This day is a very special occasion for everyone in the U.S. because we are finally moving on and hopefully our new president and vice president-elects can clean up the mess the U.S. has been in.

There was excitement for the President-Elect, Joe Biden’s start of his 4-year term. Kole Alfonso, Senior, said “I absolutely am excited. Any administration that enters the White House continues America’s path forward and in entirely new directions. Especially with the events on January 6th, I like the idea of a president who returns to political normalities”.

Ava Vaerini, Freshmen, stated Biden wasn’t her first choice, but she is glad it wasn’t Trump. 

Ava also stated that “I hope that they follow through everything they said they would do, and help make a better, more peaceful country.” for her hopes for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Both students even saw the inauguration, with Kole saying “I had Zooms going on my computer and the inauguration live-streaming on my phone. I figured this is a monumental moment every four years and was a must watch”.

Ava stated “I was in school so I’ve only seen clips of it, but my mom did, and I could hear some of it downstairs. She also recorded it”.

Ava hopes that Joe Biden can calm the U.S. right now, as she stated “I hope so, but I also know a lot of angry Republicans are angry and might not want to quiet down”. If President-Elect Joe Biden failed the U.S. Ava stated “I honestly wouldn’t be that surprised because presidents tend to do that, but I can’t say I wouldn’t be upset. We really need someone to come in and fix this place up to what it’s supposed to be”. 

Kole disagreed that Joe Biden failing the U.S. was a possibility as he stated “Well I would be infuriated, but I doubt that is even a possibility. With almost 30 executive orders signed already, and with Democratic majorities in the House and Senate, America is surely going to change policy wise”. Both students don’t really know what is up next for Joe Biden and his term as president, but they did have this to say. 

Ava said “I’m hoping he works on the climate crisis, immigration, the working class, fund reformation and revises some of the messed up stuff Trump did for the LBGTQ+ community etc”. Kole on the other hand stated “That I do not know. I do know America will become more liberal in its policy, and more divided in itself.

As with every POTUS, issues will arise and he will have to solve them with the side of the other branches of government. Regardless, I wish his administration the best of luck”. It seems Joe Biden has some big shoes to fill as the other administration left the U.S. in shambles.

Nonetheless, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, are seemingly prepared for what’s next and know what they have to do to bring the U.S. back to its feet. Best of luck to Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and all new politicians who will represent the United States of America.